About Southeast Idaho High Country Tourism
The Southeast Idaho High Country Tourism (previously known as the Pioneer Country Travel Council) is supported by the Idaho Travel Council. It is funded through a two percent (2%) tax on the sale of hotels, motels, and private campground accommodations. We promote tourism in Region 5 which includes Power, Oneida, Bannock, Bingham, Caribou, Bear Lake, Franklin Counties.
Do you serve tourists in Southeast Idaho? If so, have your employees watch our Idaho State University’s Continuing Education Workforce Training Customer Service Video Series! It gives an overview of the importance of Idaho’s tourists and how we can help ensure they enjoy their time in Southeast Idaho.
MEETINGS & MEMBERSHIP
The Southeast Idaho High Country Tourism meets every month and is dedicated to Promoting Tourism in Region 5 Southeast Idaho. Being a member is a great asset to you and your community to promote your town and events. Below are some benefits of being a member.
- Members promote their City Events and list them on the Calendar of Events page on www.idahohighcountry.org HCT promotes all of Region 5, Southeast Idaho, by advertising in such as but not limited to the following publications by Print and Online ad campaigns: Idaho Travel Council Co-ops, Idaho State Travel Guide, Miles Media, American Road Magazine, Post Register, SLC Weekly & Deseret News, Living Bird Magazine, Radio in SLC, UT, KSL.com, USA Today, GoIdaho.com, myyellowstonepark.com- Yellowstone Journal, National Parks Magazine, Pocatello Livability Magazine, RV Idaho, Billboard advertising in Utah and International Marketing online on Social Media, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Calgary Herald, Great American West, Go-Idaho, Rocky Mountain International, Go West, American Bus Association and many others as we see fit throughout the year.
- HCT members attend the following travel shows every year to promote Region 5. With COVID travel show dates or cancellations may happen but hope to attend The Utah Travel/Morris Murdock Travel Expo, The SLC RV Show and the SLC International Sports Expo, in Sandy, UT. The International shows are The Calgary Herald Show in Canada, Go West in Reno, NV and American Bus Association in Grapevine, TX.
- HCT focuses on directing consumers to our website www.idahohighcountry.org for information on things to do and see in Southeast Idaho. Keep the regional website updated and track all hits and visitors monthly. Send out monthly newsletters to over 85,000 subscribers. Downloadable regional brochures are available online.
- Members can partner with HCT in the Small Community Brochures Program and the Small Community Advertising Programs with cash-match to print or re-print a community brochure and/or assist in advertising efforts in your communities. Members have the opportunity to co-op on current available High Country advertising publications as well.
- Members enjoy voice and vote in guiding HCT activities for upcoming promotional projects, business, and opportunities.
- Small Community Advertising Program 2021
- Small Community Brochure Program 2021
- Southeast Idaho High Country Tourism Bylaws
PLEASE HELP US PROMOTE SOUTHEAST IDAHO!
Just copy and paste the text below into your website:
Southeast Idaho High Country Tourism
PO Box 669
Lava Hot Springs, Idaho 83246
- February 2021 Meeting Minutes
- January 2021 Meeting Minutes
- No December Meeting
- November 2020 Minutes
- No October 2020 Meeting
- September 2020 Minutes
- August 2020 Minutes
- July 2020 HCT Minutes
- June 2020 HCT Minutes
- May 2020 HCT Minutes
- No meeting in April 2020
- March 2020 HCT Minutes
- February 2020 HCT Minutes
- January 2020 HCT Meeting Minutes
- November 2019 HCT Minutes
- October 2019 HCT Minutes
- September 2019 HCT Minutes
- August 2019 HCT Minutes
- June 2019 HCT Minutes
- May 2019 HCT Minutes
- April 2019 HCT Minutes
- March 2019 HCT Minutes
- February 2019 HCT Minutes
- January 2019 HCT Minutes